Table Talk | Jan 6-7
Grace and peace to you all! I hope this message finds you well and reflecting on the powerful truths shared in this weekend’s sermon. As we step into this new season of growth and empowerment, I wanted to share a few key takeaways that will help us carry forward the vision and initiatives for 2024.
– Empowering Generations: Our core purpose is encapsulated in the phrase “Preparing generations of world changers.” This reflects our commitment to shaping believers who will make a profound impact for Christ in their respective spheres of influence.
– Deepening Faith: The introduction of HDC U will provide seminars to deepen our understanding of Bible theology, relationships, and spiritual formation. This is a pivotal step towards strengthening our spiritual maturity and readiness for service.
– Cultivating Leaders: The HDC Next residency program is an investment in future leaders, offering theological education and practical ministry experience. We’re excited to see how this will ignite a passion for ministry in both young and seasoned individuals.
– Engaging Unbelievers: Our Oikos card initiative encourages us to connect and pray for both believers and non-believers in our lives. It’s a tangible step toward fulfilling our role as Christ’s ambassadors, inviting others to be reconciled to God.
– Practical Insights from 1 Peter: Our journey through First Peter will equip us with lessons from the apostle’s life, helping us navigate our spiritual walk with practical wisdom.
– An Open Invitation: Remember, our doors are always open. Whether you’re seeking a fresh start or looking to deepen your faith, we’re here to support and guide you on your journey. To put these takeaways into action, consider the following steps:
1- Text “INVEST” to 64567 to sign up for upcoming classes at HDC U, or join the interest list for the HDC Next residency program or HDC Change
2- Engage with the ‘Oikos card’ initiative to actively pray for and connect with those who have yet to experience the joy of the gospel.
We’re eager to see how God will use each of us to bring about change in our communities and beyond. May we step into this year with hearts full of anticipation for the growth and transformation that lies ahead.
- Reflecting on the theme “Preparing World Changers in 2024,” how can we personally contribute to this vision within our community, and what practical steps can we take to ensure we are aligning with this goal? (Ephesians 4:12-13)
- In considering the importance of “Preparing Generations to Follow Christ,” discuss how we can effectively disciple the younger generation in our churches and homes to grow in their faith. (2 Timothy 2:2)
- The sermon introduced “HDC U,” focusing on deepening understanding in theology, relationships, and spiritual formation. How do you see this kind of learning environment impacting your spiritual growth and readiness to serve others? (Colossians 2:6-7)
- “HDC NEXT” emphasizes the need for building up leaders within the church. Why is it crucial to have strong spiritual leadership, and how can we recognize and encourage those with a calling in our midst? (Hebrews 13:7)
- The “Oikos card” initiative encourages us to pray for both believers and non-believers in our lives. How can this practice change our hearts towards those who don’t yet know Christ, and what role does prayer play in our witness? (1 Timothy 2:1-4)
- As we journey through the life and teachings of Peter, what are some of the key lessons we can learn from his example that are applicable to our lives today? (1 Peter 5:2-3)
- Pastor Todd spoke of being ‘elect exiles’ and living in a way that reflects our spiritual citizenship. In what ways can we embrace this identity and live out our faith in a world that often feels foreign to our beliefs? (1 Peter 2:11-12)
- The call to be Christ’s ambassadors is a powerful one. Discuss how we can fulfill this role in our daily lives, and share experiences where you felt you were making an appeal for Christ. (2 Corinthians 5:20)
- What practical steps can we take to support and engage with HDC initiatives to further the mission of the church? (Matthew 28:19-20)
- Pastor Todd invited those seeking a fresh start to respond to the gospel. Share a time when you felt the need for a new beginning in your faith journey and how you responded to that call. (Revelation 21:5)