"Bring all the tithes into the storehouse so there will be enough food in my Temple. If you do,” says the LORD of Heaven’s Armies, “I will open the windows of heaven for you. I will pour out a blessing so great you won’t have enough room to take it in! Try it! Put me to the test!"
Malachi 3:10 (NLT)
Frequently Asked Questions
- What does your church believe about money?
- God is our provider. He promises in Matthew 6:33 to provide for our needs. The Bible teaches that everything we have comes from God and belongs to Him. Psalm 24:1 says, “The earth is the Lord’s and everything in it, the world, and all who live in it.” Therefore, we are mere stewards of what God has given to us. Tithing is giving back to God what is already His. We return 10% back to Him.
- What is the difference between a tithe and an offering?
- The word “tithe” means one tenth. So when you tithe, you give one tenth or 10% of your earnings. Tithing (10%) is the starting point of giving. Offerings are gifts given above the tithe. God has blessed some people financially who are able to give substantially more than 10% and still live comfortably.
- Why should I give money to the church?
- We recognize that Jesus talked more about giving than He did on any other subject. Matthew 6:21 says, “For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.” Together, we work as a church to reach the lost. Malachi 3:10 says, “Bring the whole tithe into the storehouse, that there may be food in my house. Test me in this,” says the LORD Almighty, “and see if I will not throw open the floodgates of heaven and pour out so much blessing that there will not be room enoughto store it.” The storehouse today is the local church you are attending. By partnering our monies together, God’s work is done more effectively.
- What are my giving dollars used for?
- Your gifts are used to fund God’s work through the ministry the church. We do this through our weekend services for adults and kids, and through our support of local and worldwide missionaries.We can accomplish more together than separate.
- What if we believe we can’t afford to tithe right now?
- The Lord requires us to be faithful regardless of how much He has entrusted to us. Luke 16:10 says “Whoever can be trusted with very little can also be trusted with much, and whoever is dishonest with very little will also be dishonest with much.” It is when we are having financial struggles that we can’t afford not to tithe. God wants us to trust Him in everything, including our finances. God asks us to tithe because through that, we become unselfish people and we show that we trust God to provide for our needs. As we grow in our relationship with Christ, it always requires faith. Trust God by giving to Him even when it seems impossible and allow Him to show you His provision for your life.
- Does your church have a budget?
- Yes. Our budget each year is determined based on the goals and objectives of each ministry area within the church.
- What payment method options can I choose from?
- The online giving program is configured to accept direct payments from checking or savings accounts. We also accept credit & debit card payments.
- How often will payments be pulled from my account?
- The program can be configured to pull funds from your account at a frequency that's right for you. Currently your options are described in the table below.
- How do I participate in the weekend offering if I use the automated giving program?
- If you wish, you can still participate in the weekend offering by dropping an empty envelope labeled "I Give On-line" into the basket.
- How can I get a record of my giving?
- You can request a giving statement from the church Finance Office at any time. This statement will cover both your automated giving as well as any other offerings you give on the weekend. To request a statement be send to you please e-mail us or call the church office.
- How do I update my bank account or credit card information?
- If you need to edit your bank account or credit card information please delete your existing profile and create a new profile.
- Can I test this system by giving one time?
- Yes. There is an option to give a one time gift. This is a great way to better understand how the system works.
- I've signed up for the automated giving program but would like to change my preferences or need to stop. How do I do this?
- You can make changes at any time by using the "View Giving Profiles" button on the sidebar. Once you login you can change any of your preferences or stop your automated giving. If you have any trouble please feel free to e-mail or phone the church office.