Vision & Values
Jesus sets apart, prepares and commissions His Church to be ambassadors for the message of the Cross, to continue His ministry of reconciliation to the lost; and He both modeled and taught a strategic formula that would facilitate that great endeavor. From the beginning of His redemptive plan, God has consistently focused on a specific group, the oikos (as the Greeks called it) as His primary target for evangelism. That is, He primarily perpetuates His Kingdom through those close social connections that we all have, those eight to fifteen people He strategically placed around each one of us in our own relational worlds. Throughout the New Testament, whenever God’s Spirit changed a life, a worldchanger was born. Whether it was a demon possessed man, a swindler named Zacchaeus, a royal official with a dying son, a tax collector named Matthew, a Centurion named Cornelius, a businesswoman named Lydia or a recently unemployed Philippian jailor, they all were sent back home to their oikos. While different cultures and generations reflect unique qualities, the oikos phenomenon remains a constant, a core characteristic of humanity’s hardwiring.
Thats where you come in. The strategy for changing the world through oikos relationships hasn’t changed. And frankly, that is great news! It is really easy for us to shut down because the call to change the world is too overwhelming. I can’t shift the trajectory of the world. Can you? But that is why the 8 to 15 people that God has supernaturally and strategically placed in your sphere of influence is so exciting. Now, there will be times when even the relationships God has placed in your life seem overwhelming. Or maybe you are just run down and tired. That’s where we come in.
We get it. And we are here to help. We believe that the local church is a critical element to your success in reaching your world. Now, there is a balance. We don’t want you to spend all your time at church. Remember those 8 to 15 we mention? Here are the things we think are helpful for you when it comes to keeping you fresh, encouraged, and growing in your relationship with God, which then makes reaching your 8 to 15 a whole lot more doable.
1. List - your oikos, those 8-15 people with whom you have developed, are developing or maybe should develop relational equity.
2. Pray - daily for your oikos, that each would sense God's presence in their lives and be open to His love.
3. Invest - in your oikos – watch for appropriate ways to be God's instrument, as He calls them to Himself and transforms their lives.
4. Invite - them to church regularly and thoughtfully, as God opens doors of opportunity.
5. Prepare - to become a better example of faith in Christ as well as a more effective witness of His grace.